- This event has passed.
Web Development: Building a Website for Measured ROI (webinar)
September 12, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pmFree
Nearly 90% of SMBs cite websites as their most important marketing tactic, and when marketing is spot-on sales will follow. A good, clean and easily navigable website will help your audience accomplish their goals and yours. This means it’s imperative that your website offers a personalized approach that is both appealing in form and function. In this FREE workshop, you’ll learn how to create a positive user experience by starting with the basics of website design using a WordPress platform.
WordPress holds the largest CMS market share by far, and currently accounts for over a quarter of all websites. As a result, many users are already familiar with the WordPress CMS, requiring less staff training when building a new site. It can be self-hosted, so there are no costs associated with downloading, installing, and upgrading. There are more than 50,000 plugins available (often free), which allows for great personalization to maximize user experience.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Install WordPress on your PC or Mac computer, so you can learn without having to pay hosting or domain fees.
- This workshop will teach anyone to build a functional, beautiful, and responsive website.
- Navigate around the WordPress dashboard, know what everything does and how to use it.
- Understand the main features of WordPress
- Create pages and posts, and most importantly, know the difference between the two.
- Create custom menus and navigation systems that both visitors and search engines will find
- Correctly use post categories and tags, and understand why these can cause you problems at the search engines if used incorrectly.
- Know how to configure WordPress for best results
- Understand plugins & themes and how to find/install them
- Protect their WordPress website from hackers and spammers
- Create a static homepage useful for most websites, or a blog like homepage useful for bloggers.
- Create an affiliate site or landing page for passive, recurring income